Monday 16 November 2009

Tiny Animals and the Brink of Immunity

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/gallery/2009/nov/06/miniature-animals-pets?picture=355223628



I feel a bit like the hedgehog at the moment, feeling grumpy, quite small and wondering why someone has put me in an eggcup. Perhaps a metaphorical eggcup. Loving the tiny animals piece in the Guardian though ... inspired!

Feeling a bit coughing and headachy and big glands, hope it is not the Swine Influenza ... I am too busy to be a statistic in a pandemic. Can I show them my student card to get immunity?

Christmas seems to have infiltrated everywhere while we were up in the Lakes though. All reds, golds and green, advent calendars, wrapping, and mass advertising of unique gifts. Makes me think of the immortal Tom Lehrer Carol.

Back at work today, feeling full of wintry browns and long skirts. My hibernation instinct is really kicking in now, after all, it is the time of year when I turn into a small woodland creature and curl up in my duvet.

Maybe I should have saved up more of my annual leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment